It was a PERFECT spring wedding...
Robbie and I just got home from the most incredible trip. We rented a car around drove 1200 miles around The Golden Circle and Ring Road (the highway that circles the entire country) stopping along the way whenever we saw something amazing, which was about every quarter mile. Prepare yourself for a photo dump!
This was a day to remember...
Kelly is a cousin of mine, and now Rud is, too!
Their day was nothing short of magical. Overlooking the light fog rolling over the harbor at the Old Saybrook Inn, Kelly and her maid of honor prepped herself for her Best Day Ever...
Their reception was SO much fun... Oh, and did I mention they had a 12 piece band? Amazing.
Recently, I have had a ton of new followers to my page and blog. So I wanted to go back to the basics and introduce myself!
My name is Sarah May and I am a fine art / fun loving / colorful / simple wedding photographer. Not only do I adore capturing the story of people's Best Day Ever, but I actually just really love love. I am all about celebrating YOU as a couple. I am the only vendor that stays with you from start to finish - this means that you have to LIKE me! ;)
So, here a few fun facts...
1. My faith is in Jesus alone. I am a committed Christian and live to glorify God in every little thing that I do. He gives me such life I can barely contain it. This basically means you will get gorgeous photos because I try really hard... ha!
2. I love life. If you have ever met me, you will quickly find out I am enthusiastic concerning just about everything!
3. I love to cook. I find so much joy in cooking delicious meals for my sweet husband and love entertaining!
4. Speaking of my sweet husband - I LOVE HIM! We met when we were 14 and he has been the apple of my eye ever since. LOVE YOU BABE.
5. I love to drive. I occasionally will spend an afternoon (or an entire day!) driving and exploring Connecticut. I actually really love this state and love discovering hidden gems.
6. I guess I like ice cream...
7. Family values. They are so important to me.. Here's one of my many favorite spots in my grandma's house.
8. Adventures!!! Robert May, my mountain man, look what you have turned me into!...
9. I love the winter time. I know, I know, it sounds kind of crazy but I really do! It's so peaceful and beautiful... Cold, yes, but I just love it.
10. I adore weddings... the fact that going to weddings is my JOB is truly a dream come true. So happy, so full of life, so celebratory... the best!!
I've been thinking a lot lately about being apart of the creative industry. I feel so honored to photograph people in love as my job... It is SUCH a great joy to me! But you know what, it's really not easy. Honestly, it can be a difficult and quite lonely job at times. A good friend of mine once said, "Some think hiking, slack-lining... that's adventurous. But you know what's adventurous? Going to a wedding by yourself! Try that for a good time."
That is why I'm incredibly grateful to be apart of a community filled with people who push me to keep going...
I had had a quiet week to myself on the couch culling and editing 2 weddings at once and honestly, I just needed to get out! So there I was, at the Gran-Val Scoop in Granville MA, photographing an alpaca with a flower garland surrounded by people who thought it was just as dreamy as I did.
This was one of those nights where I felt that 'dream come true' feeling after every press of the shutter. All the high fives to...
Maya, AKA Mojalvo, AKA the most talented videographer in Connecticut, AKA fake bride.
Brittany and Jess, AKA Upstyle Hair and Makeup, AKA magicians.
Karri, AKA Karri Lee Designs, AKA most adorable calligrapher.
Beth at A Little Something Bakery / Steven from Always Bloomin' / Megan from Wedding Embassy / Nicole, owner of the Scoop / the three lovely ladies in pink xo